What do European Removals Companies do?
European Removal companies pack, load transport and deliver your household furniture and personal belongings so they arrive safely and securely at your new home with as little stress for you as possible.
A removal company will take on most of the hard work of making your physical move, and guide you through everything else to take away that stress for you. Since Brexit, this support is more important than ever as moves going to or from the UK must clear Customs: requiring official paperwork to be completed and processes to be followed.
As an overview your movers will typically help with the following:
- A pre-move survey to understand what your move involves to give you an accurate quote and move plan.
- Provide packing materials including crates for anything valuable or fragile.
- Give you advice and assistance in preparing for the move including telling you what you might not be allowed to take with you and help you complete all the documentation and customs forms.
- Pack and wrap your furniture and effects.
- Load onto their vehicle and transport it to destination.
- Keep you up to date with progress and keep you informed of key milestones.
- Clear your items through customs
- Deliver and unload items at your new home
We've broken this down and given lots more detail in our article "What do European Removal Companies do?" if you'd like to learn more about how they can help.