If you're moving house and handling your own packing then some items - like delicate glassware - can be particularly tricky. If you're packing your own goods and want to ensure they arrive safely at your new house then here's our guide on how to pack stemmed wine glasses like a pro...
HOW TO PACK WINE GLASSES
To ensure your wine glasses are packed sufficiently, you will need:
- a box (medium or small strong carton)
- packing paper
- a marker pen
Check out our tips on packing materials you'll need for moving house.
- Start by taking a couple of sheets of packing paper and rolling them into a tube. Don’t roll too tightly as the idea is to form an air cushion within the paper.
- Wrap the tubing around the stem and base of the glass.
- Lay the glass down flat in the corner of your packing paper, gather a couple of pieces and roll it across, wrapping and tucking as you go. Remember not to push any paper inside the glass as this can actually cause damage - the vacuum created between the glass and the paper will cushion the glass far more adequately.
- Repeat this process once more to ensure the glass is fully covered.
For more tips on how to pack for your house move check out our packing videos page.
Looking for professional packing services?
If you're worried about packing fragile items like glasses then choose a removal company that offers professional packing services.
Trained packers will use specially designed packing materials to expertly pack and wrap all your fragile items to minimise the risk of anything getting damaged in transit to your new home.