We're delighted to share that Bournes has successfully renewed its certification to the FIDI FAIMPLUS quality standard.
FAIM is the only quality accreditation designed specifically for the removals industry.
To become accredited by FIDI an international removals company must achieve over 200 quality requirements. Together these requirements mean that customers receive a seamless quality service wherever in the world they are moving.
What does the certification cover?
The FAIM standard lists the essential requirements for quality international moving services, as defined by International Moving Association FIDI.
Companies certified to the FAIM standard are re-checked every 3 years to ensure they still meet the strict requirements. The auditor visited Bournes in January 2020 and reviewed our entire operation including:
- Facilities, equipment and technology
- Qualified staff and training programmes
- Pre-employment screenings
- Certificates, permits and licences (that we hold all the relevant approvals)
- Quality management
- Corporate responsibility (including data protection, anti-bribery and anti-trust policies)
- Quotes and contracts
- Insurance and damage claims
- Customer feedback
- Financial stability
- Effective supply chain management of suppliers and overseas agents
Bournes received an outstanding ZERO non-compliance value. This means the auditor felt we fully complied with every aspect of the standard. We were congratulated that our FIDI compliance was so naturally and seamlessly integrated into our business operations and processes. The auditor was so impressed in fact that she requested copies of our information to share within her auditing teams training and development to demonstrate what "excellence" looks like!
Top Performer Status
We were delighted to achieve 'Top Performer' status for our audit for the second time in a row, recognising us as one of the best international removal companies.
Top Performers are those companies who score 0 non-conformances during the on side audit, have submitted all pre-audit documentation and conducted an internal faim audit within the required time frame.
Achieving 'top performer' status puts Bournes in the top 22% of international moving companies that hold the FIDI FAIM 3.2 certification when it comes to compliance with the quality standard.
How do Bournes achieve high quality standards?
The FIDI FAIM quality standard is built into everything we do including:
- Our training programmes (such as packing, surveying, move management and claims handling)
- Our recruitment process (including pre-employment security and background checks for staff)
- Our computer systems (for example pre-programmed alerts to remind move managers to complete key tasks at the right time)
- Our selection of overseas partners
- Our core values and culture (paying meticulous attention to detail to ensure we pro-actively plan and manage moves)
- A dedicated Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Manager to lead the team on quality and continuously audit and improve our processes
Managing Director Wesley Bourne said
"To achieve results of this nature for the highest accolade that our industry has to offer in International Moving is true credit to each and every one of the team. It's a real demonstration of how working as a team and taking pride in our colleagues, work and company we can truly master the art of moving. Thank you to Claire Hartnoll,QHSE Manager, for her support and a MASSIVE congratulations to everyone for all of the hard work and achievements throughout the past three years and since our last audit."
Looking for an International Removal Company?
If you'd like to know more about what you need to look for when choosing an international removal company check out our Ultimate Guide to International Removal Companies.