We are an award-winning family run removals company that has been in business for over 140 years. We deliver household and commercial removals services across the UK and Europe, and are looking for Porters to join our Removals Crew to deliver services in the UK and Europe.
Requirements of the role
- You will be responsible for working as part of a team to complete removals duties, including packing, loading and unloading the vehicle
- You are required to behave in a polite and professional manner at all times in this customer-facing role
- Ensure all removals paperwork is completed correctly and submitted in a timely manner
- Maintain regular communication with the Office
- Wear company uniform at all times and PPE when collecting or delivering to customers and other sites
If you hold a valid 3.5T vehicle licence you may also take on driving duties (this is not an essential requirement so don't worry if you don't!). If so, these include:
- Complete daily vehicle checks and vehicle defect sheet and report defects to Office
- Ensure all loads are safely secured and that there is no risk of waste or debris falling from your vehicle
- Load and unload the vehicle adhering to safe working practices and complete risk assessments as required
- Fuel the vehicle and ensure it is clean externally and internally to required standards
- Ensure your vehicle is kept in a safe, serviceable and clean condition
- Report accidents and incidents immediately to the Transport Manager
- Comply with all UK and European Driving Regulations
If you hold a HGV Licence please visit our Removals Drivers page.
Working hours are Mon-Fri with some weekends, average working hours are 48 per week. Working hours are not set due to the nature of what we do, so you need to be flexible.
Start times are between 5.00am-7.00am, sometimes later if you are travelling into Europe. We estimate the minimum time you will spend working away is 30% of your time, although if you prefer working away we can generally offer more. We pay a day rate and pay monthly, and we pay night out allowances in advance of each trip.
- Starting rate of £24,637 pa, up to £26,780 pa if you have removals experience
- Opportunity to earn £27,000 to £30,000 pa with overtime and night out money
- Enhanced weekend pay rates, night out allowances, tips
- Guaranteed full and part time permanent work
- Benefits include Pension & Life Assurance
- Fully Funded Driver CPC training, HGV Driving Apprenticeships, and on-going training for all crew members
- Career & salary progression to Supervisor and Team Leader positions
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid Passport
- Must be willing to work unsocial hours and nights away
- Must be physically fit in order to pack, lift and load/ unload the vehicle, dismantle and reassemble household furniture
- Experience is an advantage but not essential