Multi Skilled Handyman / Maintenance Assistant
Temporary Position - 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday with possibility of additional hours)
We are seeking an experienced multi skilled Handyman/ Maintenance Assistant to work from our Rye Depot. This role includes carpentry work, building bespoke wooden crates for customers goods, general maintenance at our facilities and also travelling to customers’ homes to provide handyman services, such as dismantling and assembling furniture, decorating and making good, and putting up shelves. This is a very varied role, so we are looking for someone who is practical and flexible and enjoys dealing with people.
Must hold a clean driving licence, van and uniform will be provided.
We will consider both self-employed contractors and hiring on a direct employment basis.
Key Requirements are:
- Experienced multi skilled handyman/ maintenance assistant required
- High quality standard of workmanship essential
- Must have good carpentry skills
- Flexibility is essential, working hours vary depending on business needs with start times between 5-7am, job to finish
- Must have own tools
- DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) is essential as you will be working in customers’ homes
- Must be physically capable of moving equipment and furniture
- Excellent verbal English and competent written English (must complete paperwork)
- Must be able to work on own initiative and be good at problem solving
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team – little supervision required
- A can do attitude and willingness
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Must keep a safe and clean working environment